The quiet Village of Bayfield is brimming with heritage with its pretty brick homes and 1850's shops. Main street is like a walk back in time. This is the type of village where you can safely let your kids go downtown for an ice-cream. At the end of Main Street, you find yourself overlooking the never-ending lake and amazing sunsets, voted so by National Geographic. The village offers a public park, shopping, fine dining and fast food restaurants. Enjoy strolling along the streets of this 'turn-of-the-century village'. After spending a day visiting boutiques, art galleries, and antique shops, make your last stop at The Spa in Bayfield and soothe your senses with music and aromas while relaxing in a friendly atmosphere.
There are 10 golf courses all within a 20 minute drive of the Village.� Practice your swing at one of these nearby courses:
- Bluewater Golf Course;
- Woodlands Links;
- Goderich Sunset Golf Club;
- Maitland Country Club;
- Oakwood Inn Resort & Golf;
- Wingham Golf Club; or
- Bayview Golf Course.
Things to See and Do
- Visit the Bannockburn Conservation Area, located east of Varna, and spend a day hiking.
- Try Clinton Conservation Area, located just south of Clinton beside the Bayfield River, for a day of swimming, fishing, hiking, and playground activities.
- Take a tour of the Folmar Windmill just north of Bayfield and view the technical artistry of the builder.
- Visit the Bayfield Historical Society & Archives Room for a taste of history.
- During winter, step back in time to a quieter, gentler pace and crisp clean snow that crackles under your feet.
- The Hullett Wildlife Area near Clinton, and the Hay Swamp offer the sportsman a host of seasonal hunting opportunities.
- Fly fishing by guide.
- Choose between a "walk and wade" or a "drift boat adventure".
- Bring your own equipment or use theirs.
- For more information or to make reservations call Mike at Fly Fitters (519)524-7474.